Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Veil

I'm pulling the blag out of hiding. It's odd to have a short collection of rantings that haven't seen the light of day in forever and don't even have their original comments. It's somewhat obsolete, at least for my own purposes, with the seamless integration of Facebook everywhere. I even found a post from 2005 that another blogger outright stole in 2007 (They went so far as to remove the poem in the front, and my reference of Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible at the bottom). To be fair, it's my favorite post, so I could see why it was stolen. It feels safe to simply uncover this old place, now that the only people that use blogs anymore are either professionals or people who use 'em for scratch paper. It was a mistake to stop writing, but only now have I renewed interest, after experiencing all the bullshit that the past year has accumulated. I've aged decades in that span of time, with unfortunate revelations and life changes.

New life lesson: growing up sucks balls

... but the alternative is much more ... unpleasant.

No comments: