Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wow. Here's the scariest realization of this modern age:

Personal and Household Income are obsolete and dangerous indicators of economic wealth and well-being.

I was just running through the statistics of my expected personal income based on my age, degree, my location, and my heritage ...

Due to all of that, and of course most importantly because I live in Tucson, and have an incredibly low cost of living,

My life is one big fat good luck charm, for which I need to be thankful everyday...

If I stay here long enough, I'll have more money to visit everywhere I want to go, to fall in love again, to invest, design, write, paint, compose, create, patent, give, assist, make a difference, debate & discuss, go back to school, buy multiple properties, and do it all in about the course of 30 years and debt-free... than if I were to go somewhere else where the income is three times as high, but the cost of living is five times as high ...

My advice? First and foremost, look at cost of living, quality of life & education & art & science & community where you choose to live ... THEN income.

No comments: