Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I don't often write journal style blogs anymore, but on certain occaisions (such as today), it just begs a written account.

Today, I worked hard and played fun.

I woke up at 4:40.

Played Monser-RO for an hour.

Went to my mother's school, Children's Success Academy. Left at 6:45, arrived at 7:15.

I volunteered at the school from 7:15 to 8:45, from sorting and filing students' assignments to cleaning the school's kitchen sink.

I then left CSA, driving to work, arriving at about 9 am. My boss was already in my office with the Belkin Nostromo n52 (or something like that) gamepad out in pieces. The smell of solder was in the air, and there were electronic piano footpedals out on the floor. I saw him hunched over in a chair, in front of Cthulhu, our uber-machine (the one we will attempt to sell on ebay) soldering wires from an ethernet cable to the gamepad. For the next two hours, we (mainly he) created one cat5 port from the side of the gamepad, and a full box connecting a cat5 port to several rca jacks, where we plugged in the foot-pedals. He then connected an ethernet cable between the two, plugged in the gamepad, and we had working FOOT-PEDALS for the computer ! Working foot-pedals for use in any key configuration possible, thanks to Belkin's customizable key configuration. After this, we play-tested them in ut2004 for half an hour. Then during lunch, I played more Monser-RO. I next received a check for last week's work, which contained of all things, a laffy taffy and a small happy birthday card from the employment services ! Even the check itself had the phrase "Happy Birthday !" typed onto it. And my birthday isn't even for another 7 days ! After cashing in the check, and grabbing some tool-less cat5 keystone connectors, we came back to work, and drilled holes through brick walls, where we installed 100 ft of cat5 cable between two offices, so an employee's office could get internet access. This left me just enough time to drive back to Mom's work to pick her up at 4:30, where I had to wait, so I decided to create this blog entry. A lot of bizarre events happened even after I typed the above, so today has been an incredible day, and for me, an incredibly awesome one !
My eye-glasses were finished today ! I should get pictures ... after all, I haven't even posted pictures yet of the bobcats, me, or anything lately ... hmmm ....

No comments: