Friday, January 17, 2003

Real life rule #2 : It is hard for people to act like the bitches they are when you shower them with kindness and stay cheerful ... and if that doesn't work, then it just makes them look THAT much more bitchy in the eyes of others :-p ... the trick is not to ever let up on the cheerfulness. Unfortunately, that's the part I usually mess up .

*sigh* ... I just waited for too long of a time for a bus to take me home from school, and when it shows up ... it does with a full bike rack ... no room for an extra bike.
I just want to get home and clean up ! I have things to do ! Nights to party through !
After writing the rough draft of the programming language project proposal, I attempted to write a small piece of code that used a bunch of the new features ... and it turned out ... well ... looking rather bizarre. :-D ... There's going to be a lot of things I need to change to keep it looking good ... a lot of things ... it's not even going to look much like C# anymore :-( . The ideas are good ones -- great ones, but I'm just going to need to rethink the contexts in which they are used. When put together in a design, they all seem rather pricky to me, as if some jerk just wanted to add some insignificant features (that is not the case, though) *sigh* this is sooo bizarre . I'm shooting in the dark because I don't have much of an idea of what constitutes a good language . We'll see what happens next.
It might be time for the chopping block of language features.
The coolest part of the language is that, as it stands now, a person can learn the basics as if they were learning C or C++ with minimal differences (but the differences ARE present) and eventually learn the more unique parts of the language as they progress, and can develop a style that suits them ... hellz, they could code in either C# style, object-oriented C style, or Icon style OR explicitly typed SML style or prolog-style predicates (without back-tracking ... in this language, that should be easy to manually implement by the programmer) or they could code in the hybrid style that this project is .
But it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing . It has to mesh well !! Dr Debray was right ! But I've got all the time in the world , and books on the way ! Now if I could only get my a$$ HOME !

No comments: