Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Pictures are scanned ... will be posted soon. My step-brother leaves today. I'd rather that he didn't leave under such circumstances as these. His mom is dying of pancreatic cancer. But he's going back to Seattle...most likely to stay. I'm not even sure if I'll get to say goodbye. Anyway, I'm kickin' it at Alex's with him and Susan...heh. I walked in about ten minutes ago and I don't know what they were doing, but they were fairly jumpy when I walked into his room...:-D
I'm joking...they were just sleeping. heh. But I say this as they both are behind me with rather large sticks in their hands, grinning. The past two days I've been helping mom at her school with the 1st graders...its been fun, and I sort of get brownie points for helping out...thus getting myself out of the sinkhole I've created. I'll probably do this as often as possible, now. 3:00 will be CS 372 time...damn...Susan's car was broken into a few nights ago. Apparently the thief tried to take the whole car, but was unsuccessful in starting the engine. Until it gets fixed, she's biking to school. The scary part about this is that her car was broken into at Alex's apartment complex! Bad juju, I tell you.

Oh yeah! Ran into some friends today...talked to Jo...she dyed her hair orange yesterday!!! It looks f***ing awesome! Alex, Susan, Eddie, Coral, Audrey, and some high school buddy of Eddie's went to Darwin Experience last night, but it was only so-so. I also met a friend of mine from Don Hinzeman's Kung-fu studio...he's also in the CS-major... apparently, Don's doing fine, and so is the studio...I also learned something new about my friend...he's received the black sashe from Don..essentially the highest rank...a black belt...hell...even the first belt test is hard...in one part of the test, you wear a white t-shirt, and go against 2-5 other people wearing white tshirts, who have red markers...you must have red marks on all of their tshirts, and none on yours to pass the test. It mimics the use of knives. Another belt test has you getting spun around until you're horribly dizzy and then you must grapple with your opponent. And one part of the final test is that you must get choked out and then revived, so you know what it feels like!!!! messed up! But Don's the BEST teacher you could possibly want...especially for women...apparently some guy was harassing a girl at the movie theater, when a student of Don's (a girl) jumped on his back, putting him in a choke hold and screamed, "NO, you give me YOUR wallet!" :-p 'nuff said...
I actually went to CS 245 this morning...when you audit a class, it suddenly becomes apparent that you really have to put in effort to do anything...even to go to class! Mom dropped me off at class...I was sooo happy. Stu Reges was actually teaching the class today, instead of Anna Segurson...nice. We actually learned and wrote down USEFUL info in class today!!! And no one fell asleep in class, today, either!! It's a f***ing miracle! oh well... Off to class. After class it's back to the compsci lab to finish C# homework. And to upload the pictures of course...if I get done, will I go to Open Mic night at Hazy Dayz? perhaps, perhaps not. We shall see. Will I have the willpower not to go? I need to sleep...but we won't know until the hour comes...

No comments: